Tuesday, July 18, 2006

End is coming

4 more days to finish up everything before I leave the Schloss. So much to reflect on, both on my time here and to peer at the steps ahead. I think leaving always involves sadness :(

Sat in for a couple lectures on a course "Building Christian Communities", had some really interesting content. We often remember that after the fall people long for a reconciled, perfect relationship with God, but perhaps we often forget that we also long for reconciled, perfect community. It was who we were made to be - so the course looks at how do we understand, approach, and then pursue community. Certainly my time here has really influenced my thoughts on community, and renewed my hopes of bringing some community-mindset back home as well.

Oh also check out My Google Calendar, hm seems like Google's always cooking up something cool. Google's set of web services is simply unbeatable. I can manage several different calendars, and download others. So I have my own personal one (which I linked above) which I can share, I could have a work one, Canadian holidays, Christian holidays, all color coded, and can be overlayed on each other. I can also create events and send out invitations and all that jazz. Basically small companies could easily move over to Gmail and Google Calendar to replace a shared Microsoft Exchange Server setup. Nutties. Haven't made the switch to Gmail and Google Calendar? Its worth it to make the switch.

No comments: