Friday, August 11, 2006

Toronto

Well I arrived in Toronto Wednesday night, a rather tiring trip. It took me a bit over 21 hours from the time I left Ross' house in Oxford until I walked in the door of my sister's apartment. I should consider myself fortunate though, the day after I left, this happened, delaying/messing-up all flights from UK->North America. The bottom picture in that news article was the airport I flew out of (London Stansted).

Its been good for me to relax here. Cambridge was very busy and tiring. Oxford was great as I visited Ross. I quite like England, hehe birthed a new dream, albeit most likely a pipe dream. Oh, to have an EU passport... hehe.

Now I'm lounging around, had breakfast a couple hours ago, spent some time emailing/surfing, and now going to read some Harry Potter. Its not a glamorous life... but I'm okay with it :P I don't have any big plans for Toronto really, other than spending time with my sisters. Going to hit up a couple musems, also there's an international dragonboat festival I think we'll check out. Some friends here to see also, but generally it'll be pretty laid back I think. Jen also has a djembe, cello and cajon which I can entertain myself on :D

It'll be good to have this week to transition into going back home. Lots to reflect on, for my experiences at the Schloss, my time in Cambridge... and the job hunting and road ahead. Back in Winnipeg this Wednesday!

Oxford - Ross and I outside the famous Eagle and Child pub,
where JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis used to meet to discuss books/ideas.

No comments: