Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lilfe Doesn't Have an Autosave

It was on. I had brought my A game. It all started with a furious smattering of keys (in a somewhat consequential order), followed by a pause, and further smattering. Again I paused with hand on chin, and then smattered some more. It had good links in it and well thought out paragraphs. I proofread it several times, as to improve on my writing style and word choice. Being the multitasker I was, I was surfing off in another window. Happened to click a link to a PDF file, and then BAM my browser crashes. Thank you very much Adobe Acrobat Plugin. It seemed fated that this is how I would discover that blogger.com doesn't have an autosave feature. Lost the blog post I had laboured for.

The post on Music, Literature and Film will have to wait. Life doesn't have an Autosave... after a blunder we can't just revert to a previously saved reality.

Until then, 3 guesses on what "Fire Exit" is in Welsh, and the first two guesses don't count.


Photo takens by friends from the Schloss
while visiting a castle in Wales

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's amazing! jeez, who would've thought.

Allan Tan said...

haha indeed. Donna emailed me that just today. It just looks bizarre... lol

I must go to a castle in Wales...

Bravemonkey said...

brrr you should use firefox... I don't think it would have that problem.

Seriously though, that is a sweet, sweet sign.

Anonymous said...

i always knew that Chinese and Welsh had something in common. was it tea? was it stoicism? was it pentatonic traditional music? all close, but now i really i really see the connection: "Fire Exit!" how silly of me...

as for me, maybe my name is "Lover of the Path" or "Lover of the Journey." (i kinda like it...)

N.J. said...

HAHA, I've had a post deleted on me before. And it was a poem I had written on the spot using the posting editor with no previous copies. Glad I had a good memory that day.

From then on, for lengthy posts, I back them on txt files. Even my template is backed up... That messed up on me before too.

Haven't tried the beta yet. Too lazy. Maybe they fixed this problem??