Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The evening shifts begin...

Today was my first day of real work at Convergys, but also marks the beginning of my evening shifts. I'll be starting work between 3-6pm and finishing from 11:30pm-2:30am. Not exactly the hours I'd like, and will do a number on my social life. But it is a job, and will raise the funds for me to pay off my debt before my missions trip to Austria.

Speaking of that, so I did email the Schloss and they said it'd be cool if I were to come back. So yeah right now its just a matter of working out the details, and my next major step would be to let people know about my decision and to seek sponsorship for my volunteer term. Weird, seems so distant and far away, but really if I go for it (and God willing), this can really happen.

So built a second cajon this week for someone (you know who you are :P). Also tried out my cajon in a worship team enviroment finally (along with an egg shaker and tambourine) for a practice with Erica, Sheldon, Conrad, Geoff. It was lotsa of fun!

Also had another dinner party, heh. We watched The Corporation. Its an amazing Canadian documentary, that looks at what a corporation is and its effect on society. This is REALLY worth seeing. Definitely one of the most moving documentaries I've ever seen, I can just say WOW. Check out the link for many reviews, and yes I'd love to watch it with you (or lend it to you) and discuss it. Hmm I'm really into documentaries lately, saw March of the Penguins for the 2nd time this week with Janet and Sol. Good times, good movie, good documentary.

Ok sleep time, time to teach myself to make be productive in my mornings ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep at it Mr.Tan!!!